Student Employment Forms

Forms For Current Student Employees
Name Description
Off-Campus Work Study Time Record Spring 2023 Please verify that your student has a Spring 2023 work study award before allowing them to work. Filled out by student, given to supervisor by due dates for payment.
Off-Campus Work Study Time Record Fall 2022 Please verify that your student has a Fall 2022 work study award before allowing them to work. Filled out by student, given to supervisor by due dates for payment.
Work Study Calculation Tool For recording and planning work study award usage
Appeal for Work Study 2022-2023 Complete this form if you would like to appeal for work study for the 2022-2023 aid year.
No-Need Work Study Application Complete this form to apply for a No-Need Work Study Award for the 2022-2023 aid year.  The deadline for submission is 5pm 8/26/2022.
Public Health Emergency Leave (PHEL) Request Form During a public health emergency, the university will supplement leave amounts to ensure that all employees have the leave necessary to have up to two weeks of sick leave for qualifying reasons related to COVID-19. Leave supplement amounts are calculated based on leave accrued as of January 1, 2021. Prorated for part-time status based on hours scheduled to work. The university will not provide sick leave for those employees who have the necessary amount of sick leave through their regular sick leave accrual.
Student Employee High Risk Self-Reporting Notification A student employee who feels they may be at high-risk should consult with their supervisor to determine remote work options or other solutions during the COVID-19 pandemic.   Department Return to Work plans are maintained within each unit to outline increased safety protocols for the fall semester. Employees should work with their supervisor to review this plan.  Should a supervisor/department determine work can be performed remotely the employee should begin working remotely after completion and approval of the Alternate Work Schedule/Location Request and Agreement.   Should a supervisor/department determine work cannot be performed remotely the student employee can complete this High-Risk Employee Self-Reporting Form.  Student Employment will review the situation and complete a consultation with the employee and their supervisor.  Completing this form does not extend any guarantee of remote work.
Forms For New Student Employees
Name Description
New Hire Orientation General information for new hires. 
Student MyLeave Guide Student guide for setting up MyLeave Preferences.
Direct Deposit Authorization Set up direct deposit using your MyUCCS Portal. Click on CU Resources > My Info and Pay > Direct Deposit.  Paper checks are only issued when a problem prohibits direct deposit.
Employee Goals Sheet  
Employee Expectations Samples Optional supplement to job descriptions
Acceptable Documents for I-9 Please bring the appropriate documents as specified in "Lists of Acceptable Documents" to Student Employment.  UCCS uses electronic I-9 and E-Verify.
Personal Data Worksheet (PDW) To change personal info (address, phone, etc.)
Social Security Card Replacement Site To fill out form for a replacement Social Security Card if you can't find your original card.
W4 Information Sheet How to complete a W-4 properly
IRS Form W-4 Make your selections within 7 days using the Portal.  Click on CU Resources > My Info and Pay > W-4.
Forms For Supervisors
Name Description
Compensation Plan Compensation plan template.
Applicant Comparison Template Template for comparing applicants/candidates for hire. Can be edited to meet the needs of each department. 
Interview Results Record For recording the results of job interviews.
Background Check Authorization Form For any position which requires a background check, this form must be completed by the department and signed by the employee before the SEPO is created for the student.  This form should be returned to the Student Employment Office at
Student Employee Exception Request Form used when requesting an exception for student employment.

Request to Fill Student Faculty (1500s)

Form used when requesting a new Student Faculty/1500 Series position.
Faculty Pledge (1503 &1506 only) Form used to track that people employed to teach in any state university (except temporary employees who are citizens of a nation other than the United States) affirm that they will support the constitutions of the United States and of Colorado and that they will faithfully execute the duties of their employment.  Required by the laws of the state of Colorado.
Student Employment Position Offer (SEPO) Used for hiring any student employee. Last updated 3/2023

New Hire Check-In Procedures

Must be completed by each new hire - As of 2/11/22 combined with Employee and Supervisor Electronic Timekeeping Agreements. Last updated 2/8/2023

Multiple Position Disclosure Form For students with multiple positions--each supervisor should have a signed copy on file. Last updated 2/8/2023
Supervisor Electronic Timekeeping Agreement Use the New Hire Check-In Procedures unless the student is an existing employee and has a new job with a different supervisor or a new supervisor in their current job. The student certification remains in effect so only a supervisor form is needed.
Wage Change Offer (WCO) Form used when employee wages change (raises, promotions). Last updated 3/2/2023
Evaluation Form (Checklist Format) To evaluate student employee's job performance
Evaluation Form (Narrative Format) To evaluate student employee's job performance
Documentation Logs and Written Warning  
Multiple Change in Reports to Request Form used to submit a supervisor change for multiple students within a department.
Multiple Change in Working Title Form used to submit a working title change for multiple students within a department.
Multiple Change in Funding Request Form used to submit a change in funding for multiple students within a department.
Late Pay Request Sheet Complete this form and submit via Cherwell or email to if late pay is needed for any student employee.
Payroll Expense Transfer Worksheet Payroll Expense Transfers (PETs)- updated 12/8/2022

Payroll expense transfers are completed to move payroll earnings for student employees. A PET Request Sheet is used to make requests to move earnings. The PET Request sheet requires detailed information on the type of movement requested, future funding, and sponsored project funds. If the PET impacts any sponsored project fund the requestor must complete the detailed questions at the bottom of the request sheet and all PETs will be reviewed by the Sponsored Projects Accounting Office before approval. Should the Sponsored Projects Office have any questions or require further information they will reach out directly to the PET requestor listed on the PET Request Sheet.
Check-out Procedures Lists the steps required when a student employees is terminated
Student Employee Termination Notice Required to terminate a student employee. Last updated 11/22/2022
Request to Fill Student Fellowship or Student Stipend (3205 or 3207) Form used when requesting a new Student Fellowship (3205) or Student Stipend (3207) Position
Student Fellowship Letter Template Used for offering a student a fellowship paid through HCM.
Student Stipend Letter Template Used for offering a student a stipend paid through HCM, required when a student already has an active employment position in the same calendar year.